Almost same as ordinary wheels, alloy wheels add to the look of automobiles. They are made of aluminium or magnesium alloys and this is what makes them strong, durable, lighter than normal wheels and very stylish. These wheels are manufactured by forging or casting of these metal alloys.
Advantages of Using Alloy Wheels:
• Alloy wheels are light weight and are therefore used in sports cars. These are either made of forged aluminium alloy or magnesium alloy. Cast aluminium alloy is not used in these cases as they are heavier than their counterparts. Though the former variants are light and stylish, they pinch the pocket slightly as they offer the best of services.
• Since these wheels are light, they provide better road grip on any type of terrain. It also impresses on the mileage front and the balancing of the vehicle as it reduces the stress on the car making its life long.
• These wheels also make the cars look extremely stylish. A car can have the finest colour and the best make, but if the wheels look like old steel, the look is marred. Alloy wheels impart style and class to a car making it look class apart.
Disadvantages of Using Alloy Wheels:
• Due to continuous use of these wheels, they may be damaged and that is why the wheels need to be repaired. There are several reasons why the alloy wheels need repairing. When we drive the car very fast, we often hit stones that result in scratches, when we graze through a hard surface the wheels can get damaged.
• Often due to carelessly parking the car, the wheels may be damaged. These scratches make the wheels look ugly and discoloured. They can get dented at times and also become deformed. In these cases, the wheels need to get repaired.
Repairing Alloy Wheels:
• To be able to repair alloy wheels, it is important to understand the extent of the damage caused. Many a times, the wheels gather a lot or dirt and dust on them and that is why they look dull. These types of damages require proper cleaning. With the use of proper cleaning agents, the wheels can be restored their original shine. There are some damaged wheels that have scratches and dents. These need to be refurbished so that they do not hinder in the running of the car. There are several garages where these wheels can be properly repaired by fixing and patching the damaged parts.
• It is always a good option to repair the alloy wheels than to replace them. Replacing these wheels can cost a great deal of money. However, if the damaged wheels are in a position to be fixed and refurbished, they should be patched to good health. This will save a lot of money, yet make the car look as good as new. You can make a survey of the places that repair and fix these wheels before seeking their services. These places also clean the wheels making them look as good as new.